Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Morning in America

I watch every inauguration because I'm a pomp and circumstance freak. But as I watched history unfold with millions of other Americans yesterday, I couldn't help but be awestruck by the occasion on so many levels.

Watching the sea of Americans on the Mall witnessing history made me wish I was there, and reminded me of an earlier family trip we made to Washington DC.

Besides the many monuments we visited, Arlington National Cemetary was our destination on Memorial Day where President Clinton was to lay a wreath at the Tomb of the Unknowns and give the annual address. It was thrilling to see our President up close and in person on this solemn day.

The multitudes of people on the Mall yesterday will forever cherish their memory of being there when history was written.

Photo courtesy of Prince Roy, used with permission

No comments: