Monday, September 07, 2009

First Time Homebuyer Tax Credit Filing

Did you buy your first home this year?

If you've haven't already done it, you'll want to file for the tax credit using IRS form 5405. The tax credit is ten percent of the purchase price to a maximum of $8,000.

Even if you filed your 2008 taxes, you can file an amended return to receive the credit in the form of a check from the IRS.

Still looking for the perfect home? There's still time, but the clock is ticking. New home purchases must be completed by November 30, 2009 to qualify for the first time homebuyer's tax credit.

No comments: