Thursday, January 01, 2009

Remembering the Past...And Looking Ahead

Wow, were you as glad to leave 2008 behind as I was?

When I wrote my last post of 2007, I thought we would turn the corner in 2008. Boy was I wrong. An economic meltdown on a national level compounded the financial chaos (as if local Michigan real estate wasn't bad enough already). It was enough to make me say good riddance to a year that on the surface seemed like a loser.

But upon reflecting, there were some highlights that made the year great professionally and personally:
  • my online efforts have yielded a substantial increase in business
  • community and veteran involvement has been a rewarding experience
  • my daughter graduated from college & bought a new home
I'm excited to begin this brand new year and I look forward to getting used to our "empty nest" status and continuing my work with community and veteran's organization. My professional commitment this year is to leverage my knowledge of real estate technology with social media to connect with and serve consumer real estate needs in this new Web 2.0 era.

I'm looking forward to new beginnings with the promise of a fresh new year. I wish you and yours a peaceful, prosperous and very Happy New Year!