Monday, November 10, 2008

Once a Marine, Always a Marine.

Today, November 10th, 2008 is the 233rd Birthday of the United States Marine Corps.

Whether active duty or veterans, on this day Marines stop to reflect on the proud heritage we share with all those who have ever served in the Corps.

It's hard to describe the commradarie and esprit de corps felt by Marines. I think LtGen Carol Mutter said it best "It's the branding of that eagle, globe and anchor on your heart...nobody else can quite understand, who hasn't been a Marine, who hasn't earned that title".

I am privileged to be a member of this Marine brotherhood, and ask you to join me in saluting all veterans for their service to this great country of ours!

Please enjoy GoDaddy CEO Bob Parson's Marine Corps Birthday greetings. Semper Fi!

2 comments:

a2karen said...

I am so glad to have met you! You are a remarkable person. How many years did you serve?

DebD said...

I served 4 years active duty in the Marine Corps, ~2 years in the Army Reserve & just under 2 years in the Air Force Reserve.

Of course, it all seems like a lifetime ago now but seems like the older I get, the more I treasure the fact that I did serve.