Saturday, October 25, 2008

The Social Networking Buzz: Getting Started

Last month I signed up for the first Social Media webinar series from the Domus Consulting Group mentioned on the ActiveRain network.

I had a website, I'd been blogging over the years, and even had profiles on Facebook and LinkedIn. What I didn't get was how to leverage that presence and take it to the next level...Web 2.0 or social networking.

What is social networking? Here's a quick Common Craft video overview:



So the shocking thing I learned in the first class? Email is for people over 30. That made me feel really old.

I was even more surprised to talk to a couple of 20-somethings and find out they don't even have email. The MySpace generation primarily relies on text mesages and notes on a friend's online wall.

First assignment: sign in and check out Twitter, something else I just didn't get

The Social Networking Buzz: Twitterland, TweetBeeps & TweetUps, Twitter Synchronicity

No comments: