Sunday, October 26, 2008

The Social Networking Buzz: Twitterland

I signed up for Twitter this Summer after reading about it on ActiveRain. With only 140 characters and chatty conversations between people that seemed to know each other, I totally didn't get it.

As part of the social media webinar assignment, our homework was to log in Twitter and get our feet wet. I was ready to dive in.

First, here's a quick explanation from CommonCraft:



I started slowly by searching for and following real estate agents (including Missy Caulk from Ann Arbor and Teresa Boardman from St. Paul), real estate techies and local folks.

Gradually I started participating by "tweeting" (posting) some of my daily activities and people started following me (by the way, my Twitter ID is @MichiganMoves).

The more time I spent on Twitter, the more sucked in and addicted I became. I found an application for my Blackberry (Twitterberry) as well as other websites to post status updates to multiple networking websites (Ping.fm).

Soon I built up a network of local "tweeps" and was ready to take Twitter and social networking to the next level...a "tweet up" (meeting face to face).

The Social Networking Buzz: Getting Started, TweetBeeps & Tweet-Ups, Twitter Synchronicity

No comments: